The Chateau de la verrerie is actually former crystal and glass manufactory founded in 1786. After the closure of the factory in 1832, the Schneiders, owners of the local steel factories, bought it in 1837 with the intention of making their home inside the building. They transformed it to create a real castle. Nowadays, the castle is open to the public with three different visits: the Men and Industry Museum, the Industry Pavilion and the small theatre.
HoursFrom 01/02/2023 to 07/04/2023, from 09/05/2023 to 30/06/2023, from 01/09/2023 to 20/10/2023 and from 06/11/2023 to 30/11/2023, open from 14h to 18h, closed on Tuesdays. From 08/04/2023 to 08/05/2023 and from 21/10/2023 to 05/11/2023, open from 10am to 12:30pm and from 2pm to 6pm, closed on Tuesdays. In July and August, open every day from 10am to 12:30pm and from 1:30pm to 6:30pm. Closed in January, May 1st, November 1st and 11th, and December. Open for groups all year round by reservation.
Good to know
Thematic of the place
Public priceBase rate - full rate adult : €9.80
Price with the passBase rate - full rate adult : Free
Rue Jules Guesde
71200 LE CREUSOT